Thursday 30 June 2011

1.0, 2.0, 3.0 - Tibbr shows the way


For those who are familiar with me and my posts, you'll know that I'm passionate about Integration. My Integration eBook, my posts - even though I cover a wide range of topics - all are about diversity, evolutionary growth and change, while standing with both feet on the ground and keeping a pragmatic view

I love social - wrote an eBook about that too and ended with a balanced conclusion. I don't like 1.0, nor the 1.0 I encounter in this 2.0 world - search my blog for evangelist or Klout and you'll get my idea

I got a lot of reactions to yesterday's post on tibbr 3.0 - a good lot of people still don't get my idea, so let me explain why I think Tibco's tibbr is redefining the enterprise business model

1.0
The world as we knew it, or most people still know: big companies, structures and edifices were created. Big, bigger, biggest. Either you were with them, or weren't. Big brands for the fundamentally insecure, big religions for the same, big political parties for the same. It didn't matter what you thought or felt, as long as you belonged to the winner.
Broadcast. Silos. Lock-in. Microsoft, SAP and Oracle thrived on it, claiming the one-size-fits-all cure

2.0
The world as most know it now. Start-ups, nimble companies, entrepreneurship. Agile, lean and mean, $50,000 initial investment or even less is all there's needed. Cloud, home offices. So much and so many to pick from. Open source, free, freemium - the choices are endless
Interactive. Send and receive, participate. But still silos. And lock-in. Facebook, Twitter: still one place to go or else. Enterprise 2.0? You can read my thoughts on that

3.0
Check out Wikipedia's Web 3.0 definition, and you'll see the usual confusion. Entirely focused on tech, as if we don't have enough of that yet, and still about silos and lock-in. The one and only messaging standard, the one and only video standard, the one and only semantic standard - need I go on? Standards are only standard for a given period of time - they're never a goal, only a transient means; and one of many for that.
However anything fares, I can almost guarantee you: the 1.0 ways will try to hijack 3.0 just the way they did with 2.0

So, what do we have in this world?
  • A diversity that only grows bigger with every new hype or market exploited
  • Good to great solutions that aren't interoperable with one another
  • Still the 1.0 craving for world dominance - I guess that's only human
  • People at the outer end who have to operate up to a dozen applications any time of the day to keep up with all these changes and freshly new invented gimmicks
So where's the waiter?

The waiter? A waiter is someone who makes a restaurant's or bar's inner workings transparent. Whenever where ever: you just call the waiter and ask or tell, and everything's bliss

There is no waiter, nor has been, so far. 1.0 offered you one and the same waiter, and expected you to stick with him or her for a lifetime. 2.0 offered you many (many) waiters, but in the end really (really) expected you to go to only that one restaurant. 3.0 at this point, as far as I can tell, looking through the distortion, offers you only one waiter in one restaurant for your entire lifetime - at least that's what they think, I think

Tibco knows better. We all want many waiters and many restaurants, and we want them to adapt to our wishes. We want a waiter, not a nanny. We pay for that, so let's receive the benefits in full.

So, that's what tibbr does: it allows you to go anywhere, any how, and any what; it doesn't care about your "any why"

Can you even imagine what that means for enterprises? That there finally is a vendor that doesn't force you to adopt his ways, but just tells you that they'll adapt to the ways of your clients? Can you, really? Do you have any idea about the cost involved in the past, and the time involved as well? Talking go to market - I imagine tibbr can do that within one day, well let's make that 5 business days for a perfect implementation

tibbr is your enterprise waiter, taking your orders and delivering them to you exactly when you want them, and how you want them - via one and the same user experience

0 reacties:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Copy your comment before signing in...